SEEKING A COMPANY OR A CONSORTIUM TO COMMERCIALIZE THE SALE OF ELECTRICITY AROUND THE NATIONAL PARK OF VIRUNGA IN THE DRC
The National Park of Virunga in the Democratic Republic of Congo is currently developing a number of hydro power plants in areas surrounding the park. The company VIRUNGA SARL is the owner of the power plants and the related distribution lines. This request for tender is being published on the site at the request of the Virunga Alliance, the public-private partnership that exists to sustainably develop the park’s natural resource for the benefit for the majority of the people living around the park.
VIRUNGA SARL is looking for a technical and commercial partner to assist in the development of the low and medium voltage electrical network from the alternator up to the final clients.
The selected partner (or consortium) must have experience in the field of commercialization of electrical networks operating in isolated mode in rural areas.
VIRUNGA SARL is asking interested parties to submit the following information:
- Financial statements of the company for the last three years
- Documents (certificates or others) which proof that the company has the capacity to act as a company of commercialization of electricity
- List of references of commercialization of sales of electricity in the DRC, in Africa and elsewhere
- Organigram of the company or the consortium including details of shareholding
- Provide contract of association of the company
- Presentation of documents underlying that the company or the members of the consortium are registered either in the DRC or in their home country